I've been so blessed to have such a optimistic view on this little life I have.... and i would love to apologize in advance for over expressing how happy I usually am, how beautiful this world is and how fun life is......but I will not, beacause I feel like everyone needs to stop far more often and realize how lucky we are and how enjoyable this little trip through life can really be.
I just returned yesterday from a little weekend trip to visit my family in St.Louis Missouri. It was flawlessly beautiful, and much needed. I walked Rudy down the beautiful winter wooded river paths with my dad, sipped on whiskey, played my harmonicas like a mad woman and just allowed myself to stop and just breathe.....more so than i have felt able to do lately here at home. It was a beautiful trip. My mother has an incredible way of running her fingers through my hair and reassuring me that i am beautiful and strong, and my dad doesn't skip a beat when it comes time to remind me that no matter what......"it will all come out in the wash kid".
I'm so very lucky to have such a beautiful family that will always be there at the end of the day....but living so far from them just destroys me sometimes...... i want to go out once a week for a glass of wine with my mom, or a Sunday walk with my dad. Please just do me a favor and appreciate how close your family is and the accessibility you may have to see them..if that is the case.
No comments:
Post a Comment