I have officially come to terms that I have a plant shopping/redecorating problem. Today was sunny....I woke this morning and made myself my favorite little egg scramble with tempeh, peppers,garlic,tamari, siracha hot sauce and Avocado, poured a delightful glass of my own little fresh squeezed OJ and nestled into my new little "room" in the corner of my bedroom that I spent last night creating by sectioning off a corner of my room with plants. Yes plants. I found a way to make a room divider essentially with a combination of hanging plants from the ceiling coming down into a wall of tall floor plants.....i covered my new little area with amazing colorful floor pillows and its lovely. I sit there this morning with my scramble and OJ....and I decide my good of the day today was to go save a plant from a store somewhere that wasn't treating it the way it should, instead of heading to my usual Greys plant store where my sweet little gay plant specialist Jeff treats a huge greenhouse full of house plants like his own children. Not today . I went to Home Depot where I found a whole world full of sweet innocent plants on steroids. I'm talking plants that are huge and beautiful.....and hundreds of them. I picked up the first one my eyes ran towards. My most favorite trusty house plant,a chiflera. I looked at the price expecting no less than a $60 price tag on it based on the size of this thing. Instead I read $7.50. Long story short i bought a few....maybe a few to many. A couple of all different kinds. I'm getting a bit off track here but I have to just take a moment to tell you about the nightmare i saw when I went to re pot these poor little guys at home. these things are so root bound its unbelievable...the only way these plants can possibly still be living is from so many plant steroids its unreal. It's terrible. It made me want to go back and save them all. i It will be a major challenge for me to keep these guys alive while slowly weening them off plant stimulator's and steroids.
Okay, back to my point. My new little plant walled cozy corner of my room in incredible with the addition of my new sweet friends. However at the end of this all i went through and counted my house plants in this little tree house of mine.....and much to my surprise the final tally was 47. I have a problem. I've got to get this under control. But at the end of the day here I am nestled into my lovely little corner again with all my sweet plants.always,
No comments:
Post a Comment